Saturday, February 27, 2010

Student charcoal artwork of a sculpture much like a Henry Moore

This is a selection of artwork in charcoal and pastel as our students were allowed to choose between the still life set up's. 
These are the results from students who chose the sculpture Barbara brought in, and I agreed was a good one for the students to draw. 
I commented on the qualities in comparison to Henry Moore's sculptures and how I always admired his art, especially during my college day's.   
They struggled at first but we encouraged them on to find the positive and negative shapes and add a little pastel to give some nice qualities and if they wanted to pull in some textures. I wanted our viewers to be able to see the different approaches the students made from the same subject. You should see the originals!!
Great work kids! I will add more soon. Thanks for working so hard on them.
Mr. Chris

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home